Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Layout tool; getting the chart and table box aligned left instead of centered

Greenlama254
8 - Asteroid

Hi all

I am trying to get a chart and table lined up to the left of my report, but I can't find the way to do that. I would expect to do that somewhere in the "Layout Configuration" part of the Layout tool, but I can't find it. 

appreciate the help on this

Regards,

Roger

4 REPLIES 4
Peachyco
11 - Bolide

Try setting your Orientation to "Vertical". Then, for each element (Chart, Table), set its Alignment (H) to "Left".

Alteryx screenshot.png

Greenlama254
8 - Asteroid

thanks for the input. However, that does not work. 
The chart and the table should be next to each other, so Orientation should be Horizontal. 

When I switch that to "Vertical" then the chart and the table end up on top of each other.

But, strangely enough, even when setting alignment to "Left" for both the chart and the table like you suggested they end up in the middle of the report (see screenshot)

any other ideas?

Thanks again

Roger

Peachyco
11 - Bolide

Ah, I misunderstood the requirement. The issue then is not in this (Horizontal) Layout Tool that you're highlighting - it's actually in the next Layout Tool, where you're putting the chart-and-table combo with the other text.

In that other Layout Tool, select the chart-and-table combo from the list of elements, and try setting its Alignment (H) to "Left".

Greenlama254
8 - Asteroid

Perfect! that's it!

thanks!

Roger

Labels