Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Directory Tool Bug

Swederton
6 - Meteoroid

Hello all,

I'm trying to run the Directory tool and within a certain workflow the tool just won't run, and therefore causing errors since no data is feeding into the subsequent tools. I've copy and pasted this "flow" of tools into a new canvas and it works perfectly. What causes the directory tool to error out like this?

4 REPLIES 4
OTrieger
12 - Quasar

@Swederton 
There could be several reasons why it is happening, the screen shot does not help as we cannot see how you configured the Directory tool. If you will send a snippet of the configuration we might be able to help you.

Swederton
6 - Meteoroid

I don't think there's anything unusual about the relative path being used

alexnajm
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Try the absolute path first, then convert to relative by going to Options > Advanced Options > Workflow Dependencies to make sure you got the syntax correct!

NeoInfiniTech
10 - Fireball

Hello @Swederton,

As I came across an issue using the Directory tool before, I think your issue might be the same.

Can you try adding "\" to the end of the path so that the path looks like this:

..\..\01 Inputs\2023 Inputs\

File specification (*.*) can remain the same.

If I remember correctly, this has to do with AMP Engine being enabled, in which case it looks for a "\" at the end of the path and if there is none, it produces the error "Cannot make clean path".

Polls
We’re dying to get your help in determining what the new profile picture frame should be this Halloween. Cast your vote and help us haunt the Community with the best spooky character.
Don’t ghost us—pick your favorite now!
Labels