Join the Alteryx Community’s Maveryx Summer Cup event! Compete, network with others, and earn your gold through a series of challenges from July 24th to August 11th. Learn more about the event here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Creating new rows for missing date while copying information from a posterior date

IguanaVerde
6 - Meteoroid

Hello Community, counting on you to help me on this!

I need Alteryx to create rows for the missing dates (see blue arrow) below as the original data jumps Bank Holidays and weekends). I also need the program to copy the currency rates from the next available day. In the example, I expect Alteryx to identify there are missing dates for the month and add rows for the 9th and 10th January and copying the other columns from the 11th Jan. 

PS - This needs to go into the server for other people to run, so macros dont go well in the server (these were my first choice). My seconf option was to use the Generate Row function but it is still confusing to apply it against more complex operations.

Purpose of this is to have the program using theses rates later to convert the company`s tax information, but bank holidays and weekends in Europe do not generate rates even though we might have transactions here in the UK. I am also attaching the original excel file for the rates

Current: 

IguanaVerde_1-1621441525523.png

Target
(I need Alteryx to generate the yellow lines for every date that is missing)

IguanaVerde_2-1621442325027.png

3 REPLIES 3
atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @IguanaVerde 

Here is a way of doing it.

atcodedog05_0-1621444291978.png

1. Using sort tool to sort date by descending

2. Using multi-row formula tool i am creating a column and getting the prev date.

3. Using row generate tool I am generating row by subtracting days until date > prev date. Hence when there is gap 2021-01-08 between 2021-01-11 it generates the rows for 2021-01-09 & 2021-01-10 and copies data values from above row i,e 2021-01-11

Hope this helps 🙂

IguanaVerde
6 - Meteoroid

Hi @atcodedog05 Thank you for such a swift answer!

It is actually bring back the values from a prior date. Does it mean if i just sort it descending should be good I guess? 

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @IguanaVerde 

Sorry abot that, I noticed that😅 did a quick fix refer my workflow/post now.

Sorting it descending and in generate rows it should be day -1

Labels