Important Community update: The process for changing your account details was updated on June 25th. Learn how this impacts your Community experience and the actions we suggest you take to secure your account here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Copy Alteryx data into Excel Template and create specific sheet based on row id

rohithannole
5 - Atom

Hi,

Please help!

I have done research on exporting data to an excel template but none has given me the kind of information which I wanted.

I have a file "DataFile.xlsx" which contains data. Second, I have a excel template (Template_File.xlsx) with my company logo, text boxes and screenshots.

Now, I want to copy each row to this template from "DataFile.xlsx"  and create a separate sheet including the logo, text boxes and screenshots.

I would like to get the output as given in "Expected_Output.xlsx" file.

1 REPLY 1
TrevorS
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hello @rohithannole 
Thanks for reaching out to the Community!To help make it easier for others to assist, it would be helpful to get some additional information on your process. Here's what we recommend you include in your reply:

Can you provide a copy of your workflow so far?

What issues have you encountered when you try to complete this process?

I would recommend looking into our reporting tools, especially the Table tool, Layout tool, and Render tool.

Check out some of these resources below.
Render tool:
Render Tool Help
Tool Mastery - Render

Table Tool:

Table Tool Help

Tool Mastery - Table

Layout Tool:

Layout Tool Help
Tool Mastery - Layout

These should help to get you started!

Posting for Fastest Possible Solution

Thank you very much!