Alert: There is a planned Community maintenance outage October 16th from approximately 10 - 11 PM PST. During this time the Alteryx Community will be inaccessible. Thank you for your understanding!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Creating a dynamic sheet name incorporating today's date using Google Drive output tool

jessicabaus
5 - Atom

I'm trying to create a Google sheet that has a string value assigned to it at the beginning of its name, but also incorporates a dynamic date value that shows today's date whenever the workflow is ran at the end of the sheet name, e.g. "<String Value> <Dynamic Date Value(today)>". For my workflow, there'd be specifically two types of Google sheets being outputted each time the workflow's ran.

There are only two distinct string values in my workflow that would be used as apart of the title for both sheets. I'd like for both sheets to be new sheets that are written out everytime the workflow is ran since the team that's getting the sheets in their shared drive is going to need to hold onto each sheet they receive for a while, which I'm not sure is a capability within the Google Drive output tool.

I've tried most of the configurations within the Google Drive output tool, but unfortunately none of them are letting me incorporate a dynamic date value at the end of the sheet name. I've tried using the "By Field" option within the tool's configuration, but I don't think the tool's a fan of having multiples of the same value within the field for naming.

Could this possibly be done through a batch macro? I'm not too sure how it'd work if so, but I've seen a couple of developers say that it may work.

Definitely open to any ideas. Any assistance is greatly appreciated!

1 REPLY 1
apathetichell
19 - Altair

Yes. you can do this in a batch macro. you would have a stream of your sheetname and use an action tool in the macro (control parameter/action tool/google drive tool) to alter where in the google drive tool the sheetname is stored. Look for DataRangeSheetName - value="dummyvalue" - or whatever dummy sheetname you are using and then replace that specific string (ie dummyvalue in my case)

Labels