Alert: There is a planned Community maintenance outage October 16th from approximately 10 - 11 PM PST. During this time the Alteryx Community will be inaccessible. Thank you for your understanding!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

API in Alteryx not working

bhavinnet
5 - Atom

I am trying to use API connection and get the data into the Tableau server. I have been watching youtue videos but does not make sense. can someone please help me

The API connection details are (Bus timetable schedule).  

https://api.transport.nsw.gov.au/v1/publictransport/timetables/complete/gtfs

1. create api connection in alteryx designer

2. fetch data from the above link and if possible store it in local database 

1 REPLY 1
ArnaldoSandoval
12 - Quasar

Hi @bhavinnet 

You are trying to access Transport for NSW time tables;

Do you register with them?

Do you register the application? This is like a token.

Please visit Open Data - Transport for NSW - Get Started follow the steps described in there, they are very comprehensive.

It is not as simple as asking us to create the API connection, because first, if we do and share, we will be sharing our own credentials and we do not know how this API will be consume and by whom, so visit the sites listed below; Transport for NSW provide plenty of information, and the registratio process is very simple.

You should also visit this TfNSW page Open Data Developers 

Once you complete your account creation and register your application, you may also need to visit Explore API that will allow to play with the API even before implementing them in Alteryx.

hth

Arnaldo

Labels