Join the Alteryx Community’s Maveryx Summer Cup event! Compete, network with others, and earn your gold through a series of challenges from July 24th to August 11th. Learn more about the event here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Connecting to a board from Monday.com

chelseariver90
8 - Asteroid

Hi guys,

I've been looking around the internet but cant find the answer. Is there a way to use an input to get a table from a monday.com board? Something similar to the sharepoint connectors?

Thanks

13 REPLIES 13
BrandonB
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @Jimrich88 

Breaking it down into pieces:

POST - This is the type of HTTP action so the payload tab needs to have the drop down selecting POST as the option

-H "Content-Type:application/json" - the H in front of this tells you that it is a header. Create a new value where name is Content-Type and value is application/json

-H "Authorization: TOKEN" - This is another header. You can create another value where name is Authorization and value is the token

-d "{\"query\":\"query{boards(ids: XXXX){name}}\"}" - This is the actual query itself which can be hard coded into the query box in the payload tab

"Monday API Link" - This is the URL which can be put in a text input tool before the download tool. Make sure that the first tab of the download tool configuration points at this field to pull the URL from

BrandonB
Alteryx
Alteryx

If you aren't getting any data back but the API call is executing successfully it is probably due to the query being incorrectly formatted. I would try to do this in the Monday.com API playground https://monday.com/developers/v2/try-it-yourself and then copy the query exactly as it is into the download tool. 

Jimrich88
6 - Meteoroid

Hi Brandon,

Thanks very much for your reply. 

I have tried the exact same configuration that you detailed in your post but it doesn't work. 

The error I get is Internal Error 500

I have tested the query in the Monday.com API playground and it works fine.

I can only get it to work via the command promt.

Is it possible to send you some screen shots of my Alteryx configuration?

Thank you!

BrandonB
Alteryx
Alteryx

@Jimrich88 sure a private message is probably best

Labels