Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Help with E-mail tool - Dynamically adjust body of e-mail, and e-mail attachments

mtrahan
5 - Atom

Hello. Jumping to the end of a workflow that produces 3 Excel files, as well as summary data, I've been using the Visual Layout tool (BETA) in order to present requested information in the body of an e-mail (below tools). I also attach the 3 excel files to the e-mail. This was not an issue until I needed to make the location of the attachments dynamic (separation of monthly file runs using timestamp). Currently, the e-mail attaches old files because it is static. I know I can use the option with the file attachment setting to reference a field (file location pathway), but due to using the visual layout tool, I can only select "Layout" (below #2).  Anyone know of a way to use two inputs with an E-mail tool? Or another way to accommodate both attachments with dynamic file locations, as well as dynamic table information for the e-mail body? I'm happy to chase theories as I know I'm not attaching the workflow itself.

Visual Layout Image.pngE-mail attachment settings.png

Thank you,

Michael

0 REPLIES 0
Labels