Join the Alteryx Community’s Maveryx Summer Cup event! Compete, network with others, and earn your gold through a series of challenges from July 24th to August 11th. Learn more about the event here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Combining several files with different sheet names

camerynparsons
5 - Atom

I have the same file that I receive everyday titled "Aged deal report Open Inventory + AVG Cycle time 05012024" each day the file name changes based on the date. I know how to combine multiple files with like names using a wildcard. However the sheet that I need to pull from these files also changes based on the date. It is titled "OpenInventory05012024." Is there a way to pull these files with different sheet names. 

7 REPLIES 7
aatalai
14 - Magnetar

If it is the same folder, you can bring it in using a wild card  folder path\*.xslx

would that work?

camerynparsons
5 - Atom

unfortunately not 

mceleavey
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Cheers, @LindonB 

Bulien

camerynparsons
5 - Atom

Snip image.PNG

camerynparsons
5 - Atom

I was able to select all the data I needed from the directory. However I am still struggling with pulling the sheet name beginning with "Open Inventory" followed by a date in the format mmddyyyy. Can I do anything to pull all the sheets that begin with open inventory. 

AndrewDMerrill
13 - Pulsar

Have you tried using 2 Dynamic Input Tools: one to pull sheet names and one to pull data?

Screenshot.png

If you have multiple sheets, you can throw in a Filter Tool to include only sheets beginning with "OpenInventory". Hope this helps.

Happy Solving!

Labels