Join the Alteryx Community’s Maveryx Summer Cup event! Compete, network with others, and earn your gold through a series of challenges from July 24th to August 11th. Learn more about the event here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Filter last 30 days based on date column type

omkarshinde
8 - Asteroid

So i have a date column type sorted in descending order.
I want to tile it on basis of this column so i can filter out the last 30days in my dataset. Basically every date that is same must have same tile number
How can I do this?
I dont want to use datetoday comparison method for this because some dates wont be present in my dataset.

4 REPLIES 4
Raj
15 - Aurora

@omkarshinde 
one way fo doing this
find the workflow attached

mark done if solved.

omkarshinde
8 - Asteroid

Like I said the 30 days is based upon count in my database. There can be some days missing in it which will disturb this. If there is 15,16 dates but non 17,18 i want to skip counting for those dates

binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@omkarshinde Can you provide some sample data and expected output for better understanding of your usecase?

AndrewDMerrill
13 - Pulsar

More information would be very helpful! While waiting though, I will take a shot in the dark and suggest the following solution if what you need is to isolate the 30 most recent dates in your dataset:

1. Use Summarize tool to "Group  By" the date column (labeled [date] henceforth)
  2. Sort Tool by [date] descending
  3. Sample Tool to isolate First 30 rows
  4. Join Tool capture only those records with the 30 most recent dates.

This is a pretty simple workflow that may do what you need.

Labels