Join the Alteryx Community’s Maveryx Summer Cup event! Compete, network with others, and earn your gold through a series of challenges from July 24th to August 11th. Learn more about the event here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Can you output a XML file in Alteryx?

BautistaC888
8 - Asteroid

Hello,
I need to know if Alteryx supports XML outputs.
Thank you.

4 REPLIES 4
apathetichell
19 - Altair

Not out of the box. There are some ways around this - and there's a "write to an xml file" macro probably lurking around the Gallery which I couldn't get to work. If you can't get the macro to work this usually requires some time/investment (although feel free to try a Python/R solution).

What's the goal of your final product (ie where is it being ingested?) - most systems which say they are using xml are actually using an xmlns which makes it a bit more complicated and specific.

apathetichell
19 - Altair

@ArtApa- you were trying to link to the old Gallery XML macro - right? I don't think it was uploaded onto the new Community Gallery yet. I wasn't wildly thrilled with that one (it didn't flag XML special characters for example).

trsali
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

@BautistaC888 I saved the XML macro and changed it to a regular workflow for ease of use, and have attached it below.

@apathetichell I found that this workflow is pretty good for easy reports that you need to convert to XML. I did run into special character issues in the past but i'd just make the modifications along the way to the text inputs to recognize the special characters

Labels