Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Batch file from Gallery, error code 1

BonusCup
10 - Fireball

Hi,

I need to download the most current file from a long list in an S3 bucket. Using the 2 below links I've created a workflow that creates a list of the files in the S3 bucket, sorts them with the most recent first and creates a batch file with the correct command for the AWS CLI.  I also have a 2nd workflow that runs the new batch file to download that file.  I use a ListRunner to run them both.

Download a Zipped Excel File from an Amazon S3 Bucket

Amazon S3 Download – Use Wildcards to Select a Single or Multiple Objects

0.workflow.JPG

Text Input:

cd\

cd C:\Windows\system32

aws s3 ls s3://us-east-2-xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx --profile xxxxxx > \\local directory\

Run Command write

2.runCommand_writeBatch.JPG

Run Command read

3.runCommand_readList.JPG

GetObject.bat configuration

6.getObjectBatch.JPG

If I run the listrunner from my local PC both jobs run successfully and the most recent file downloads but after saving the listrunner to the Gallery and running it from there the listrunner log shows "error code: 1"

Alteryx Version: 2019.3.5.17947

Started running \\xxxxxxxxxx.enterprisenet.org\data3\xxxxxxxxx\Alteryx\mmsConfigWithDiary\automation\Workflows\1.getObject.yxmd

ToolId 1: 3 records were output

ToolId 2: \\ xxxxxxxxxx.enterprisenet.org\data3\xxxxxxxxx \Alteryx\mmsConfigWithDiary\automation\BatchFiles\ListFiles.bat|3 records were written to "\\ xxxxxxxxxx.enterprisenet.org\data3\xxxxxxxxx \Alteryx\mmsConfigWithDiary\automation\BatchFiles\Lis

Error - ToolId 2: The external program "\\ xxxxxxxxxx.enterprisenet.org\data3\xxxxxxxxx \Alteryx\mmsConfigWithDiary\automation\BatchFiles\ListFiles.bat" returned an error code: 1

Finished in 2.5 seconds with 1 error

Does anyone know how to correct this error?

Thank you

10 REPLIES 10
januV
5 - Atom

Thanks for you reply! I changed to ENGINE.tempfilepath but still the same error. The external program "C:\ProgramData\Alteryx\XXXXXXXX\YYYYYY\ZZZZZZZZZZZ\__StageTemp\Engine_14380_**************~\test.bat" returned an error code: 255.

Labels