Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Joining two Excel files, where additional fields need to be added based on inputs

JoshuaElphee
8 - Asteroid

I have a need to join two workbooks (common Key will be "Employee ID"). 

In workbook 1, I show employee ID and their paid amount.

In workbook 2, I show employee ID and 7 categories which are listed "Yes" or "No"

The resulting workbook I need, is workbook 1, with 7 additional columns - where each field marked "Yes" in workbook 2 under an employee ID for a given column shows the paid amount, from workbook 1 within that cell.  For example, if columns 1,3, and 6 of workbook 2 show "Yes" for a given employee ID, and workbook 1 shows $1000; I will need the final workbook to have the equivalent columns 1, 3, and 6 show $1000.

I have been trying to use the Join function of course, which brings in the "Yes" or "No" from workbook 2, however I am unable to identify how I can replace those showing "Yes" with the $ value from workbook 1.

1 REPLY 1
binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@JoshuaElphee One way of doing this is by transposing the workbook data and join with workbook 1 and cross tab the result

binuacs_0-1684533132061.png

Labels