Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Alytrex Bug in understanding percentage data type

Ganesh123
7 - Meteor

Hello All,

Requesting all please look into this issue, One of the column data has percentage (%) 100.000021% value but while input this into Alytrex it changes to value. (1.00000021)

Because of this it very difficult us to figure out the resolution and annoying too.

could you please check what is the bug here? 

why need to change this to percentage again with duplicate effort.

Please look into this if we can try to fix this issue from begining by simple adding the percentage type in data type. 

please let me know if you need any additional information

17 REPLIES 17
Ganesh123
7 - Meteor

I have did this by changing to percentage however it is not showing the excepted result. 

Ganesh123
7 - Meteor

yes. but not the exact number

Ganesh123
7 - Meteor

According to me it is a bug as we working on those solution which is not a problem in first please. 

Can we ask Alytrex team to fix this bug. If my column shows percentage it should as it is in Alytrex application 

apathetichell
18 - Pollux

This thread has gone on way too long for something like this - here's the deal - excel has a percentage category (so does Salesforce) - that does not exist in most real data (ie every SQL source I can think of, programming languages) - Alteryx tries to be smart and recognizes this is a number and converts it to a double. It then does not have the "%" and is shown as a decimal. To convert this to a percent you can multiple by 100 - add a "%" and convert to string via tostring([field]*100)+"%".  I would not refer to this as a bug. You can. You can tell your Alteryx rep. They can file a piece of information which will do nothing. But the key thing  - at this point you should be able to get your workflow from point a to point b - and if not - maybe try posting on that so that people who want to help you - for free - because we like Alteryx- - can continue trying to help you.

Also - not to be pedantic here but like 15 messages in you can spell Alteryx correctly? I'm fine with one off mispellings but like it's in the URL.

also - Requesting all please look into this issue, One of the column data has percentage (%) 100.000021% value but while input this into Alytrex it changes to value. (1.00000021) -

https://www.khanacademy.org/math/mappers/operations-and-algebraic-thinking-220-223/x261c2cc7:percent...

Ganesh123
7 - Meteor

Thanks for your response. 

I tried adding the percentage still it shows value in output. 

apathetichell
18 - Pollux

Excel percentages vs excel strings with % in Alteryx.

sireeshagandam
8 - Asteroid

good

jerryking
5 - Atom

Hello,

It seems like you're facing a data formatting issue where a percentage value is not being handled correctly in Alytrex, resulting in an unexpected change in the displayed value.

To address this issue, you may consider the following steps:

1. Check Data Type Settings: Ensure that the column containing percentage values is correctly defined as a percentage data type in Alytrex.

2. Decimal Precision: Verify the decimal precision settings for percentage values. It's possible that the precision setting might be affecting the display.

3. Data Input Format: Double-check the format in which you are inputting the percentage values. Ensure that it aligns with Alytrex's expectations for percentage data.

4. Software Update: Make sure you are using the latest version of Alytrex. Sometimes, these kinds of issues are addressed in software updates.

5. Contact Support: If the problem persists, reach out to Alytrex's customer support. They can provide specific guidance or let you know if there's a known issue and when a fix might be available.

If you provide additional details about the data type, input format, and any specific error messages, I can offer more tailored advice.

Labels