Join the Alteryx Community’s Maveryx Summer Cup event! Compete, network with others, and earn your gold through a series of challenges from July 24th to August 11th. Learn more about the event here.

Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #8: Aggregate Consumer Purchases

Kinga
8 - Asteroid

hi,

Please find my solution below,

Spoiler
Kinga_0-1666165450993.png

daiphuongngo
9 - Comet
Spoiler
Challenge #8 Aggregate Consumer Purchases.jpg

ivan_duniak30079
8 - Asteroid
Spoiler
Spoiler!ivan_duniak30079_0-1666290637115.png

mashwani123
7 - Meteor

I have my solution attached as part of onboarding activities!

ShankerV
17 - Castor

Was mind blowing.

Worth spending time on this challenge.

I reached the solution with little lengthy one as I haven't used the Secondary Lookup

dwstada
11 - Bolide

my solutions

Billy_Jones
7 - Meteor

I kept getting the result waaaaaay off for this and couldn't figure out how it was so bad until I realised I'd filter the date to >= "2013-01-07" instead of >="2013-07-01"...

Spoiler
Challenge #8.PNG
ShankerV
17 - Castor

Hi Billy_Jones,

Always the date in Alteryx is in format YYYY-MM-DD. That's the thumb rule.

I hope this Challenge will help you to recollect the date format in Alteryx whenever you come across.

Congrats!!! Finally you cracked the result by yourself!!!

lyon_abido
8 - Asteroid

Very fun challenge!

I'm off by a bit, but I loved breaking down the logic of this. 

There's a huge difference between filtering your data within the scope of starting on and after 2013-06-01 *or* just after 2013-07-01.

JORGE4900
8 - Asteroid

I made a first attempt to this challenge 5 years ago. Looking at the instructions again, I read it to be of looking for potential combos where a customer may have purchased a burger with a side and a drink or a pizza and a side and a drink. Since I only wanted to consider these two options, I analyzed how many possible combos there could be by looking at the maximum possible combination of those two.

The results were more than the actual ticket purchases. Please take a look. As you can see on this transaction, there could have been 6 combos purchased because there are always a minimum of 6 sides and drinks.

Spoiler
2022-10-21_13-20-09.jpg2022-10-21_13-17-35.jpg