Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #142: Life Certainties - Workflows, Death, and Taxes

derekbelyea
12 - Quasar
Spoiler
derekbelyea_0-1624654155674.png

JackBurnham
8 - Asteroid

b

ncrlelia
11 - Bolide

Challenge 142

Jonny
11 - Bolide

It turns out my hard path looks simpler than my easy path! I got the easy path on my own and needed to get some inspiration from the community for the hard path (thanks! @estherb47 @Joe_Mako) . Since I has not used the Arrange Tool before I gave it a shot. I will leave the Dynamic Replace for a later moment

Spoiler
Jonny_0-1626188115989.png

Easy:

Jonny_1-1626188149300.png

Hard:

Jonny_2-1626188168367.png

Elias_Nordlinder
11 - Bolide

Went the easy way, for now 🙂

Spoiler
Elias_Nordlinder_0-1626871437168.png

kcfuiks
8 - Asteroid

Hard to do without Join, Crosstab, Transpose, Multi-field Formula, or Multi-Row Formula. The solution, which I looked at after I finished, uses a method that's not really part of the Core tools... but still neat to see.

alexnajm
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Why create more work for myself when this is supposed to be fun? 🙂

Vlad13
5 - Atom

Bit too manual but alas!

MatthewBr
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)
Spoiler
Great job testing my abilities to use some "New" Tools (aka Dynamic Replace)
brandowd
8 - Asteroid

Ok I admit I chose the easy path. I didn't need to use the 'Company Names' table but I knew it was part of the more challenging solution of "not using: join, crosstab, transpose, multi-field formula or multi-row formula." but I couldn't see how to do that approach until I saw the solution. I wasn't familiar with one of the tools used (although I understood the concept) and really admired the solution. I wish I'd found this tool sooner as I know it would have saved me time in doing some comparing data.

Spoiler
brandowd_0-1631865917517.png