community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Do you have the skills to make it to the top? Subscribe to our weekly challenges. Try your best to solve the problem, share your solution, and see how others tackled the same problem. We share our answer too.
Weekly Challenge
Do you have the skills to make it to the top? Subscribe to our weekly challenges. Try your best to solve the problem, share your solution, and see how others tackled the same problem. We share our answer too.
Unable to display your progress at this time. Please try again a little later, or contact an administrator if you continue to see this error.

Challenge #142: Life Certainties - Workflows, Death, and Taxes

Meteoroid
Spoiler
142.PNG

my solution, like others, decided to use the arrange tool :). probably could have used a few less tool overall though. 

Atom

started looking in to Alteryx only a few weeks back and my 1st ever workflow challenge.. Thanks for keeping everything so organized in the community.. from learning material, challenges and training.   Thanks, Sri

Alteryx
Alteryx

I used the arrange tool too. In 10 years of using Alteryx it's the first time I have used it to solve something, previously I have only used it to see what it did.

Managed to get the solution down to 4 tools as well, which I was pretty happy with!

Spoiler
Workflow.png
Sr. Learning Strategy Manager
Sr. Learning Strategy Manager

@GarthMiles - that's a hot tip I haven't heard before! In all candor, I still whip out the help when I have to use this tool as well.

Alteryx Partner

@NicoleJohnson Love your super cute icon, and your icons for other macros!

Alteryx Partner

Solution attached. Had fun solving it. Trying to put a better icon for the macro this time:)

Thanks @JoeM for sharing this challenge!

Spoiler
142.PNG
Spoiler
142 macro.PNG
Alteryx
Alteryx

As a Solutions Engineer who likes to think of easiest solutions, no Macro, no hard path,  just simple Alteryx functions (and a little RegEx for some extra spin.

Spoiler
grafik.png
Asteroid

Went with the easy path as I wasn't trying for the style points this morning - just get 'r done.

Spoiler
142.JPG
Meteoroid

Not the most elegant solution but it'll work

Spoiler
Capture12.PNG

No need to even touch the 'companies' input :)