Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.

Remove Artisan from a subscription

SwapnaDesh
5 - Atom

Hi,

I have recently installed Alteryx and evaluating the security settings.

Alteryx Version 2018.1

Installation type: Single Node Deployment server with Alteryx Gallery, Controller, Designer.

Authentication: Windows Authentication

I have added a user as  Artisan in a subscription. I need to demote the user to only have view access and add another artisan to the subscription.How can I achieve that?

I have been able to set the user permission to view.But that does not remove the user from the artisans. 

3 REPLIES 3
LordNeilLord
15 - Aurora

Hey @SwapnaDesh

You need to add them to another subscription (like their own studio) this will move them out of that subscription

@LordNeilLord

Part time Tableau, Part Time Alteryx. Full Time Awesome

Data Lover

debbiemcg
5 - Atom

I have a similar situation, but I am afraid I will run into this issue, where all the workflows published earlier by that user in the subscription will move with him/her:

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Server-Discussions/All-my-Private-Studio-Workflows-transfer...

I need to protect certain protected workflows from general access, but I still want to allow self-service in the non-protected subscriptions. I thought I would be able to move users temporarily to the protected subscription to publish, and then back to their own subscription when they need to publish a non-protected workflow.  But the protected subscription is Paid, and the personal studio is Free.

Is there a way to do that?

ashkhan
7 - Meteor

We have similar issue and what a surprise there is no solution just work arounds - Please make a semi decent Alteryx Server UI.

I should simply be able to update membership in the subscription - simple