Maveryx Success Stories

Learn how Alteryx customers transform their organizations using data and analytics.
STORIES WANTED

Showcase your achievements in the Maveryx Community by submitting a Success Story now!

SUBMISSION INSTRUCTIONS

Predicting Employee Attrition Using Human Resource Data

NEXP
アトム
2018 Excellence Awards Entry: Predicting Employee Attrition Using Human Resource Data

Overview of Use Case:

The model predicts the attrition of an employee based on various job-related factors. 

Objective: The objective is to analyze the data and predict which valuable employees will leave next.

Fields in the Dataset include: Satisfaction Level; Last evaluation; Number of projects; Average monthly hours; Time spent at the company; Whether they have had a work accident; Whether they have had a promotion in the last 5 years; Departments (column sales); Salary; Whether the employee has left.

Describe the business challenge or problem you needed to solve

Predicting whether the employee will be leaving the firm or not.

Describe your working solution:

• R predictive tools.
  • What data sources/formats are you using?: comma separated file
  • Deploying an app on Alteryx Gallery?: No
  • Using InDB tools?: No
  • Are you exporting to a visualization tool?: No

Solution Steps:

• Separating independent (employee attributes) and dependent (left) variables
  • Analysing principal components to get independent variables that have a correlation with the dependent variable
  • Using Logistic Regression model to predict whether the dependent variable
  • Getting the accuracy score of the predicted output vs actual output
  • Result: 'Prob_Leave ' / 'X_1' probability of employee leaving  & 'Prob_Stay' / 'X_0' probability of employee staying
  •  
Describe the benefits you have achieved:

Predicting whether the employee will be leaving the firm or not.

添付
コメント
PoojaPrasad
アトム
Thank you for sharing the workflow. I downloaded the yxmd file and tried to execute on my desktop alteryx but I am getting the error GenericTool (29) Cannot find macro "Logistic_Regression/Supporting_Macros/Logistic_Regression.yxmc". I am new to alteryx and it will help if you can guide where and how to find logistic regression macro used in this workflow
RebeccaCB
アトム

Hey there,

I am really interested in your project but I am unable to download the attachment. 

Thanks in advance, Rebecca