Inspire 2016 | Buzz

Stay updated, connect with peers & share your experience!

QR Code

simon
11 - Bolide

I noticed many of us didn't have business cards this year, maybe that's the sign of the times...

Maybe for Vegas next year we should have the ability to scan each other's badge QR code instead - this year the Alteryx app didn't seem to recognize it.

4 REPLIES 4
erik_miller
7 - Meteor

I would love to just see it built into the app itself (no QR code), that way when you're out after the event is over (sans badge), you can still make the connection easily. Just allow people to select what contact information they are willing to provide.

JulieH
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

The QR codes on the badges this year served a specific purpose (administration, easy way for our partners to capture leads, etc) so it wasnt possible for just anyone to scan them to gather your information.

It's good feedback though, I'm wondering how many would be interested in exchanging contacts this way, vs. using LinkedIn which more and more appear to swap business contacts?

cbridges
11 - Bolide

That would be so great! I collected cards, took pictures of badges, made notes...

But if we could just say, "Can I connect with you on Linked In?" and then just do it simply and quickly, that would be really cool.

@thizviz
simon
11 - Bolide

I totally understand QR codes was meant for admin, leads and partners but it would be great to expand it though. 

Hmm, maybe @TashaA or someone else from Alteryx can just enhance the Inspire App and whip up an interface using the LinkedIn API? Smiley Happy