Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Contains coding

ntudev
8 - Asteroid

Lets say i have a sentence with a word that contains 'MIT' i want to be able to only see the word that contains the 'MIT'. Example the word is Mitigate then i want to see Mitigate but if the word is also mitramachine then i also want to see it since it has MIT in it. I want to see the results in a new column. is this possible?

3 REPLIES 3
OTrieger
12 - Quasar

@ntudev 
You can use Formula tool using Contains([field], "mit") function.
So if you will integrate into an IF formula you can say if contains then that field else null.

ntudev
8 - Asteroid

but i am just looking to see the word not the whole row. so if Submit contains MIT i just want to see the word Submit from a sentence.

apathetichell
19 - Altair

regex tool - set it up for token - split to rows (that is important)

use this expression

(\b\w*mit\w*\b)

this says - word start - at least zero word charcters mit at least zero word character - end of word. character but not the start or end of a word it won't match.

Polls
We’re dying to get your help in determining what the new profile picture frame should be this Halloween. Cast your vote and help us haunt the Community with the best spooky character.
Don’t ghost us—pick your favorite now!
Labels