Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

General Discussions

Discuss any topics that are not product-specific here.

Help with output

Tundun
6 - Meteoroid

Hi, I need help with my formula. I am looking for 3 consecutive month by id in my dataset. I used this formula:

IF ([Month]-1=[Row-1:Month] and [Month]+1=

[Row+1:Month]) THEN "3 con" ELSE "non con" ENDIF

but it’s not giving me the output I want.

I want the output of the second attachment but I am getting the output of the first. How can I fix the formula?

8 REPLIES 8
DataNath
17 - Castor

Hey @Tundun, looks like your logic is falling down when looking a row ahead when you get to the max month for each group, as there's nothing to lookup beyond that and so the = check will fail giving the 'non con' flag. Therefore, I've brought in the max Month per ID and built in an extra check within the Multi-Row expression. Are you able to check this against your true dataset?

DataNath_0-1668514727525.png

Tundun
6 - Meteoroid

T

Tundun
6 - Meteoroid

Thank you for your reply @DataNath. I tried with my dataset. The logic didn’t work. This is the output I got with my dataset. Is there any other way to get this output?

EB10A5C7-2FA2-4834-AF2F-E8FAFF62F2D6.jpeg

DataNath
17 - Castor

Hey @Tundun, can I just check what the expected outcome is here? I've had another look but not certain what the output should be, especially with months lacking a full 3 =< month range:

DataNath_0-1668521327458.png

Tundun
6 - Meteoroid

Hi @dataNath, I want output grouping by id of months with 3 consecutive or greater consecutive months to be 3 con and months with less than 3 consecutive month should be non-con.

like this output 

403ECF05-3051-4F11-AFD2-D2399FBD2995.jpeg

DataNath
17 - Castor

@Tundun 3rd time lucky? Have included 2 options for you to test:

DataNath_0-1668523596992.png

Tundun
6 - Meteoroid

@datanath thank you for your help so far but rows with 2 only consecutive months are getting 3 con as output 

DataNath
17 - Castor

@Tundun are you able to share an example? Your ID 5 has only 2 (consecutive) rows, and I added another column - 9 - with this scenario, and they're all 'non con':

DataNath_0-1668529430879.png

Labels