General Discussions

Discuss any topics that are not product-specific here.
SOLVED

Generate new rows every run and to keep the old previous Rows

Poncho36
5 - Atom

Hello Guys -

I am trying to automate some reports and I got stuck on how to create or acummulate new rows without overwriting the old rows, for instance, every week I run a weekly report (external software)  which I have  Start date, End Date and some values, therefore I want to use those information in Alteryx. So, every time  I want to run the new input data with the new DateStamp range this create a new row  and keep it the previous week intact in order to create weekly,  monthly  graph report. 

any suggestion?

Date.png

6 REPLIES 6
Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@Poncho36 
Can you provide the input file with data file, rather than Snapshot?

Yoshiro_Fujimori
15 - Aurora

Hi @Poncho36 ,

Just reading from your text, you have two input data sets - Data from previous period and Data from this period.

So you can create a workflow like below and run it at the end of each period.

1. Load the two data sets and Union them with Union Tool in the order of the time.

2. Save the result to the file with Output Data Tool.

3. Replace the previous data (or create a new file, according to your preference).

Good luck.

Poncho36
5 - Atom

There you go,  this week I will do the last week report the following of this list  4/14/2024, and the way I am doing it is  manually copy and paste the row into this excel table. So I want to try when I run every week for new data row, this  automatically create a new rows from the table keeping the existing previous weeks for future graph reports such as: Monthlty, quarter and weekly graph.

Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@Poncho36 
If I understand your intention correct, we can use the yxdb file as the storage of data.

So we read the "old" data then union with your new data then output to update the yxdb data.

0425-Poncho36.png

Poncho36
5 - Atom

Thanks it worked. 

Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@Poncho36 
Glad it helps.

Labels