Dallas-Ft. Worth, TX

Welcome to the Dallas-Ft. Worth User Group

Click in the JOIN GROUP button to follow our news and attend our events!

Dallas Alteryx For Good Volunteer Meeting via WebEx on Wednesday, February 21st!

Deanna
12 - Quasar
12 - Quasar

Hi, Dallas Alteryx User Group Members!  I would like to invite you to join our volunteer team and attend our first Alteryx For Good WebEx of 2018!  The WebEx will be from 11:00 a.m. to 12:00 noon on Wednesday, February 21st; please let me know if you are interested in attending the online meeting, and I will send the WebEx information to you.  (Please feel free to contact me directly at dsanchez@teknionusa.com .)

With our success last year in coordinating onsite meetings at The Commit! Partnership, and in initializing our online collaboration via DropBox, I would like to launch another way for volunteers to join us virtually, without having to leave their office:  WebEx meetings!  I think this may be a good way to enable more volunteers to work with our non-profit organizations, saving them time and commutes to and from a meeting location.

This year, we are continuing to work with The Commit! Partnership (www.commit2dallas.org ), which was our Alteryx For Good recipient during AFG week in April 2017.  Commit has been creating numerous solutions with Alteryx, and enabling its users to achieve greater accomplishments than before!

For our initial WebEx meeting, we would like to cover the following topics:

• Introduce the staff at Commit to our new volunteers; 
  • Introduce existing and new volunteers to each other; 
  • Discuss ways of collaborating online:  Commit utilizes DropBox (their datasets are mostly public data) as well as other forms of online sharing; 
  • Present a list of projects at Commit that our volunteers can assist with; 
  • Commit will provide a list of other organizations that may be interested in Alteryx For Good; 
  • Discuss WebEx and onsite meeting schedules

In addition, I announced at our recent user group meeting that we are interested in accepting another non-profit in addition to Commit this year; I have a few ideas for organizations, and please feel free to share your ideas as well!

The AFG staff at Alteryx have let me know their initiative for 2018 is Education; reaching out to universities, community colleges, etc. Please feel free to send us your ideas for university/community college Alteryx For Good projects; I believe the Dallas Alteryx User Group has a lot of opportunity to assist in the Education initiative!

Thank you in advance for being a part of our Dallas Alteryx For Good Volunteer Team; I look forward to all we can do together in 2018!

@Deanna

Deanna
0 REPLIES 0