Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alter.Nation

Community news, customer stories, and more!
TuvyL
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Tom Montpool of Environics and Michael Barone of PaychexTom Montpool of Environics and Michael Barone of Paychex

This past January, we leaped into the new year with our 2018 goals in hand, ready to conquer all the data-has of the world. Of course, looking out to the vast horizon with its endless opportunities is just as important as looking inside ourselves, and in this case--inside our toughest critics’ minds. That said, we invited two of our ACEs to the Alteryx Technology Center for a few days of jam-packed feedback and information sharing with teams across the organization.

Data Scientist Michael Barone (@mbarone) and VP of Quality Assurance Tom Montpool (@tom_montpool) flew into Broomfield, CO to have 1 on 1 discussions with Product Management, Community, Product Engineering, and Creative Services. Two of our founders, Olivia Duane Adams (@LDuane) and Ned Harding (@Ned) were also in attendance, to connect, learn, and thank them for their contributions to the analytics community.

Michael has had his proverbial foot on the gas with Alteryx for over 10 years, and told us that even after all this time, he is still amazed with its efficiency and power. He says:

Whatever you do with data, you can do 100 times faster with Alteryx.”

While Tom also revels in the speed at which he can deliver answers to his clients, he is most exhilarated with needing just one, very powerful tool, and says:

“Life before Alteryx was working with 4-5 different types of software to do my job. Now I just need 1. I don't know how I would do my job without it."

Both ACEs’ impressions during their Broomfield visit:

“Loved the office, loved meeting everyone. It’s comforting to know that there is a software company out there that truly values their customers’ thoughts and opinions. I’ve never heard of a software company inviting their power users to their office to sit down and have an exchange of ideas, future outlook, issues, etc. I can tell they really try to make it a great place to work. Seeing just how much the company listens to its customers. Seeing groups and teams of people really sit there and solicit our feedback – it really is something special. Also, the coffee grinder/dispenser machine – true awesomeness!!” -Mike Barone

“My favorite part was meeting people who I’ve e-mailed or spoken with – putting a face with the name. I also really enjoyed the Q&A session with the whole group and seeing how interested everyone was in what I was telling them.” -Tom Montpool

Thank you both for your candor and valuable feedback, and please do stop by for a cup of coffee next time you’re in the neighborhood!

To learn more and provide feedback about the ACE program, click here or contact us at ACE@alteryx.com.

Tuvy Le
Manager, Community ACE Program

Tuvy manages the Alteryx ACE Program and user engagement locally and globally. Her passion lies in discovering the whys and whats which makes customers' faces light up and connecting like-minded people to each other. Feel free to reach out to her to share ideas, or simply to say hello!

Tuvy manages the Alteryx ACE Program and user engagement locally and globally. Her passion lies in discovering the whys and whats which makes customers' faces light up and connecting like-minded people to each other. Feel free to reach out to her to share ideas, or simply to say hello!

Comments