Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.

Validate results in app on server and ask user to confirm next step

Hi!

I'm working on an app for the Gallery that will review a file a user uploads, and then present some elements from that file to the user for confirmation that the user would like to finish the process. It's a chained app, but I'm struggling with a few elements.

1. I cannot get anything to display from the results side in the Gallery (not a browse, not a temporary or permanent report file from a render tool) after the first app. I think this is a limitation of the Gallery itself from reading other posts, but wanted to confirm. 

2. I came up with the idea of having the results I wanted to share write to a temp file that I can use to update an interface tool that basically offers two choices: the first being "here are the things you are submitting, you would like to proceed" or "no that's not right don't proceed." In a perfect world each would be a radio button option, but the only tools you can update with a file are list boxes or dropdowns. Since list-boxes don't force a single choice, at the moment I'm stuck with a dropdown which just doesn't look good. Does anyone out there have any better ideas?

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
JagdeeshN
12 - Quasar
12 - Quasar

Hi @Alexandra_Mannerings ,

Please find attached a possible solution the the problem you have described.

Do let me know if this helps.

Best,

Jagdeesh

So I haven't had a bunch of time to dive into the workflow, but it doesn't run as shared. I see that your action tool only is supposed to replace the text "URL" rather than your personal file path. I don't understand the need for the dynamic input either, but I will look more closely. 

So tried it again and even with tweaks I can't get the app to actually work, so I'm unable to see the solution you offered. Thanks for trying!