Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.
SOLVED

Use Comannd Line and Scheduling with two NW

SaoriYamguchi
8 - Asteroid
I would like to use this solution. Is it feasible?

Alteryx Server and AlteryxDesigner are in Network A (other NW = Virtual Desktop Initiative)
Suppose AlteryxDesigner is on Network B (My PC = Local NW).
Can I run an AlteryxDesigner workflow from network A to network B using the network A command line or task scheduler?

Thank you very much
6 REPLIES 6
MichalM
Alteryx
Alteryx

@SaoriYamguchi 

Assuming the workflow is in a location accessible by the system that is going to execute it (shared network folder referenced using UNC path) and that the system executing the workflow is licensed to execute jobs on a command line, this should work.

SaoriYamguchi
8 - Asteroid

Thank you very much.
Is it possible to run a workflow of another network (client) using Command from AlteryxServer?
It is assumed that the data is confidential information and only on the client side.

Thank you.

MichalM
Alteryx
Alteryx

The workflow and the data will need to be moved onto the machine the workflow gets executed on.

SaoriYamguchi
8 - Asteroid

If you have a designer license on the client side, you can use the scheduling function of AlteryxServer on another NW while the workflow and data remain on the client side, right?

Thank you for your quick reply.

MichalM
Alteryx
Alteryx

Unfortunately that won't work. You can't use the Server to trigger a workflow run on a designer installed on a client machine.

SaoriYamguchi
8 - Asteroid

Thank you!