Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.

Unable to activate Alteryx Server using alteryx-deploy tool for a silent installation

fardeen9983
8 - Asteroid

I am trying to integrate the alteryx-deploy PowerShell scripts in order to create an installation pipeline for Alteryx server on AWS.

Link to the tool - Akaizoku/alteryx-deploy: Alteryx deployment utility (github.com)

I have tried the action Install with the following command which was successful in installing the Alteryx server without any hiccups

.\Deploy-Alteryx.ps1 -Action "install" -Unattended -LicenseKey "xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx"

The script fails when it moves to the action Activate which runs the script Invoke-ActivateAlteryx.ps1, with the following error

>> TerminatingError(Invoke-ActivateAlteryx): "Cannot process argument transformation on parameter 'Key'. Cannot convert value to type System.String."
Cannot process argument transformation on parameter 'Key'. Cannot convert value to type System.String.
Invoke-ActivateAlteryx : Cannot process argument transformation on parameter 'Key'. Cannot convert value to type
System.String.
At C:\Users\6119501\OneDrive - Thomson Reuters
Incorporated\Desktop\Work\Alteryx\Server\alteryx-deploy-main\powershell\Install-Alteryx.ps1:236 char:13
+             Invoke-ActivateAlteryx -Properties $Properties -Unattende ...
+             ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    + CategoryInfo          : InvalidData: (:) [Invoke-ActivateAlteryx], ParameterBindingArgumentTransformationExcepti
   on
    + FullyQualifiedErrorId : ParameterArgumentTransformationError,Invoke-ActivateAlter

I am assuming this is related to the License-Key Parameter, but I am not able to deduce the correct format in which I need to pass it as a parameter while invoking the script.

I have tried to debug the script in PowerShell ISE and pass the parameters manually but was unsuccessful.

Would be very helpful if anybody else can come up with a suggestion.

Thanks in advance

0 REPLIES 0