Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.

Time out error in gallery - large workflow

StephenMack
10 - Fireball

I have a large workflow that takes in data from dropbox, and spits out a bunch of PDF reports. I'm uploading it to our server gallery (takes a surprisingly long time, like 4-5 minutes), and when I run it in the gallery I get the error:

"Server Error: 500 Server Error Timed out in InboundNamedPipe::ReadFile: after 30000 milliseconds"

Sounds like it times our reading in a file? I don't know why anything in here would take over 30 seconds to open, but even if it does is there a wayto extend the timeout period?

It works fine when I run it in designer on my laptop.

4 REPLIES 4
Claje
14 - Magnetar

Hi,

Can you check with the folks in charge of your Server Gallery to see if they have it set to limit how long jobs run?

There is an option in System Settings on server under Worker->General named "Cancel jobs running longer than (seconds)".  Its possible that they have this set lower than the time it takes your job to complete.

wildflower
8 - Asteroid

Hello @Claje,

We're getting the exact error out on our prod gallery and when I checked with our server admin, the Worker Config does not have a limit set on job runtimes. Do you have any other suggestions for the timeout error? Our large workflow connects to our Hadoop cluster via in-db tools. There's nothing on the hadoop end that would time out. The workflow out on the Alteryx gallery worked initially in August but some time in September, this error began to pop up. Thank you.

limit not setlimit not set

cpapaioannou
7 - Meteor

Were you able to find a solution here? We are facing the same issue...

MCDR929
8 - Asteroid

I'm also having this issue on our worker node. I understand the need for timing out, and I don't want to extend that time.. but I want to figure out WHY it's timing out when the only file it needs to read is a pretty small excel file.  Have you found any helpful information?