Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.
SOLVED

Saving several sheets in an excel file

VendraminiCA
7 - Meteor

Hi.

I want to save several sheets in a single file in excel when running a flow on the server.
I had an issue where it would try to open the same file several times since it had several output tools, to solve it, I used a crew Macro "paralel block until done" and it worked when running the designer.

However, it gives out the error: "Cannot find macro "CReW_Version.yxmc"." when running on the server. When managing the assets, I check the box for the crew macro, however, it does'nt seem to solve the issue. Does anybody know another way to save several sheets in a single excel file or a way to solve the error that I am finding right now?

2 REPLIES 2
ArtApa
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @VendraminiCA - While CReW macros are very popular, they are not officially supported. I suggest you to try the Block Until Done instead: https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer/Tool-Mastery-Block-Until-Done/ta-p/33417

VendraminiCA
7 - Meteor

Thanks. I had to do some changes to the flow, but it eventually worked.

The issue that demanded the changes was that I had information exiting from the middle and left outputs of an "join" block, and both of those went into the same excel file. Is there a way to make one flow happen before the other without the use of "crew" macros?