Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.
SOLVED

Saving several sheets in an excel file

VendraminiCA
7 - Meteor

Hi.

I want to save several sheets in a single file in excel when running a flow on the server.
I had an issue where it would try to open the same file several times since it had several output tools, to solve it, I used a crew Macro "paralel block until done" and it worked when running the designer.

However, it gives out the error: "Cannot find macro "CReW_Version.yxmc"." when running on the server. When managing the assets, I check the box for the crew macro, however, it does'nt seem to solve the issue. Does anybody know another way to save several sheets in a single excel file or a way to solve the error that I am finding right now?

2 REPLIES 2
ArtApa
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @VendraminiCA - While CReW macros are very popular, they are not officially supported. I suggest you to try the Block Until Done instead: https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer/Tool-Mastery-Block-Until-Done/ta-p/33417

VendraminiCA
7 - Meteor

Thanks. I had to do some changes to the flow, but it eventually worked.

The issue that demanded the changes was that I had information exiting from the middle and left outputs of an "join" block, and both of those went into the same excel file. Is there a way to make one flow happen before the other without the use of "crew" macros?