Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.
SOLVED

Saving Workflow to Gallery- Error: Unable to Translate Alias; Alteryx Version 2021.4.2.027

prafullghare
5 - Atom

Saving Workflow to Gallery- Error: Unable to Translate Alias; Alteryx Version 2021.4.2.027

Hello,

I am trying to publish a workflow to server for scheduling runs. 

With HANA ODBC connection some data is queried and after transformation appended to SQL Database. This flow works fine when run on my Alteryx Designer in system but when try to publish it Alteryx Server I am running into Error. (see image below). I saw this issue was reported as product issue in earlier Alteryx version.

Can someone please suggest what could fix this issue?

prafullghare_0-1653374831849.png

4 REPLIES 4
AsmiDesai
9 - Comet

Hello @prafullghare 

Unable to translate alias error gets encountered for multiple reasons, go through below knowledge article to fix the issue:

--> https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Server-Knowledge-Base/Troubleshooting-quot-Unable-to-transl... 

Ladarthure
14 - Magnetar
14 - Magnetar

Hi @prafullghare,

one thing to check with this error is to make sure the alias you are using with your connection on designer (the one you may have created with options / Manage connections) is also present on the server, may not need to be the same connection itself, just the alias.

prafullghare
5 - Atom

Thanks for the sharing the thread, it's a good collection of potential fix. Ours is enterprise deployment of Alteryx and I don't have admin access to Alteryx server. But it makes sense to have ODBC connection with same alias present on the server before publishing the workflow.

I will check in with admin how user alias could take precedence as it is not possible to create connection of all on-prem data sources beforehand on the server.

prafullghare
5 - Atom

Creating a connection on server solved the issue.