Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.
SOLVED

Remove user from subscription

akasubi
8 - Asteroid

Hi, is it possible to remove a user from a subscription in the Alteryx Gallery? I can only see an option for "add user" for nothing to remove.

Please advise.

Thanks

16 REPLIES 16
IraWatt
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hey @akasubi,

There are two ways to remove a users subscription Alteryx Docs Subscriptions (Studios) | Alteryx Help:

Remove a User from a Subscription

Users can only have one subscription. So, you must add a user to a new subscription to remove them from their existing subscription. There are 2 methods for moving a user from one subscription to another.

• Copy the Subscription Id of the new subscription and paste it in the Subscription Id field in the user's profile.

OR

• Go to the new subscription you want to add the user to. Select Add User. Enter the username and select the user when it appears. Note, this will change the user's Private Studio (subscription) and remove their access to the workflows in their existing subscription.

Any questions or issues please ask :)
HTH!
Ira

akasubi
8 - Asteroid

Hi @IraWatt, thanks for the info!

The user was not part of any subscription previously, would we just remove the Subscription ID from the user's profile so that it's blank? What impact would this cause as well regarding workflows that the user has saved on their Gallery?

IraWatt
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

@akasubi how can you remove a subscription if they didn't have a subscription previously? The only way to remove a Subscription ID is the two methods I mentioned, you cant edit it so that it is blank. I tested replacing one subscription with another and I could see my previous workflows published on the old subscription,

akasubi
8 - Asteroid

@IraWatt Initially they didn't have a subscription and was added recently but now we want to remove their subscription so that it's back to original (with no subscription).

akasubi
8 - Asteroid

Hi @IraWatt, just wondering if you are able to advise on the above?

Thanks for your help!

IraWatt
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hey @akasubi, sorry as far as the Documentation goes I cant see how you can delete it other then changing it to a new Subscription. 

akasubi
8 - Asteroid

@IraWatt Ah! Basically the user doesn't look like they have access to their previous workflows (before being added to the subscription). I'm hoping that if I add the user to a different subscription they would be able to view those again?

fmvizcaino
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hey @akasubi ,

Depending on the server version, the workflows could be attached to the user or to a subscription.

A few questions before I can help you out:

What version of Alteryx Server are you in?

Do you want this user to still be a developer?

Do you want this user to have access to all the workflows he saved on the gallery?

Best,

Fernando Vizcaino

akasubi
8 - Asteroid

Hi @fmvizcaino, thanks for getting back to me. To answer your questions:

What version of Alteryx Server are you in? 2020.4.5.12471

Do you want this user to still be a developer? Can you clarify what is meant by developer here?

Do you want this user to have access to all the workflows he saved on the gallery? Yes