Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.
SOLVED

Postman oAuth2 Token Retrieval Issue & Issue importing swagger documentation into Postman

mnaqvi
6 - Meteoroid

I am trying to retrieve an access token in Postman to make api calls to our gallery. However, I keep getting the error "DNSLookup: ENOTFOUND {DomainNameOfOurGallery}

I'm using oAuth2.0, our server version is 2022.1, the access token URL is coming from our swagger documentation (I can successfully query the swagger docs after authenticating with basic auth and my API creds). If i copy and paste the swagger docs outside of the server, I can load it up, so I dont think it is a firewall issue. The access token URL is coming straight from swagger, there are no misspellings, or punctuation. 

mnaqvi_0-1666798482114.png

Also, when I try and import the swagger docs into Postman using the "Link" for import, I get the following error: 

mnaqvi_1-1666799007418.png

Not sure what the issue is, might be something simple. I appreciate any help! 

3 REPLIES 3
gautiergodard
13 - Pulsar

Hello @mnaqvi 

Have you checked out this article from @FlorianC ? It gives a clear step by step on how to connect gallery with postman.

Alteryx Server - Gallery API Postman Collection - Alteryx Community

Hope this helps!

mnaqvi
6 - Meteoroid

Thanks @gautiergodard ! Turns out, it was the web version of postman causing the issue. I downloaded the desktop version, with no other changes to the original request, and I was able to retrieve the token. 

If anyone encounters the same issue, here is a helpful link: https://community.postman.com/t/error-in-test-on-api-auth/19508

mnaqvi
6 - Meteoroid

Thanks @gautiergodard - actually, it turns out it was it was the web based version of postman. I either needed to download a postman browser agent, or use the postman app. After downloading the postman app to my desktop, and making no other changes to the original request, I was able to retrieve the alteryx token. Thank you!