Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.
SOLVED

Email confirmation for Alteryx Gallery 2020.3 not being sent

hanykowska
11 - Bolide

I'm working with an Alteryx Gallery, recently upgraded to 2020.3. It wasn't really used before so pretty much a clean install with mostly default settings.

It allows users to register themselves and uses built-in authentication.

For a newly registered user, it requires to confirm the provided email (https://help.alteryx.com/20203/server/confirm-your-email-address). However, no emails are being sent from the Gallery to that end-user.

The prompt allowing to resend the confirmation email is pointing at # link (while the validate the code points at #!validate). Upon clicking on 'Email confirmation code' nothing happens.

image.png

At the moment, a working 'solution' was to go to admin view and manually validate email for a user, which is a dirty way of dealing with this - hoping to get a better solution here 🤞🏻

Question: Is there a specific configuration required to allow for sending out emails from Alteryx Gallery? Are there any solutions to this?

4 REPLIES 4
hanykowska
11 - Bolide
ThomasT
8 - Asteroid

@hanykowska I've got the same problem. I can't set up SMTP at this point due to security setting on the Windows Server where the Alteryx Server is installed. I now get errors on the Alteryx Server when trying to schedule a workflow and I wonder if the scheduling function is disables for users (even admin) as long as their email address is not confirmed. It could take a few weeks for us to get the SMTP up and runningw which is quite a set back if that's the reason why we can't schedule and I don't see any workaroudn at this stage. 

hanykowska
11 - Bolide

@ThomasT 

Hmm, I believe in my case it was SMTP set up after all. I am not sure whether it would resolve your issue too or if it's something different. Might be worth adding a new post for your particular issue and seeing if anyone can help

ThomasT
8 - Asteroid

@hanykowska we finally figured it out. It was a separate setting on the gallery that prevented the users from scheduling workflows. I assumed as the curator i was automatically allowed to schedule as the setting 'Allow users to schedule' was active, however i had to go to my user profile and once again confirm that i can schedule workflows.