Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.

Delete or Modify Mongodb records

nraghavak
6 - Meteoroid

Hi,

I need to take a backup of Prod data into another test environment but i do not want those schedules to run again on test. And i use embedded mongodb as part of server installation.

Hence intending to delete these copied schedules from mongodb on test environment before making test server live, whether anyone has played by doing any alterations to mongo db and how was your experience?

Also you got any other recommendations on how to disable schedulers on another environment?

Thanks,

Rag

6 REPLIES 6
David-Carnes
12 - Quasar

Hi @nraghavak!
There are two ways to do this.  Before you restore from production, go into the the Alteryx System Setting and change the Worker Configuration by either
1.  Unchecking the Run unasssigned jobs under Job Assignment.

Or

2.  Unchecking Allow machine to run scheduled Alteryx workflows.

worker.png

https://help.alteryx.com/20214/server/worker

Hope this helps!

Best,

David

nraghavak
6 - Meteoroid

Hi David,

Thanks for solution.

If understood correctly, uncheck these options on Prod then take a backup. After taking a backup, undo the changes in Prod. Then restore this backup data on Test?

I have tried this but this automatically get checked again while restoring on Test server?

Thanks,

Rag

nraghavak
6 - Meteoroid

Also would like to know your experiences if you have tried to tamper embedded mongodb like updating or deleting few records etc.?

David-Carnes
12 - Quasar

You need to turn off the ability to run schedules on the test box, not on production.

I have attempted to alter the MongoDB but the user account doesn't have permissions for that.

nraghavak
6 - Meteoroid

Hi David, thanks but i need other workflows to still run as per the schedule on test. So when i checked again on test, what happens to those prod jobs on test, i do not not want them to ever run on test environment

David-Carnes
12 - Quasar

Well, I usually delete all the schedules in Gallery (Admin), then go back to the server to delete all the items in the queue.  (Open Designer on the test server, view schedules, queue tab.  They pile up but can't run.)

In your case, delete the unwanted schedules in in Gallery, keep the ones you want, delete the items in the queue (there's a little button with a minus sign). Maybe that's what you need?