Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.

Couldn't resolve host name and Failure when receiving data from the peer error

AndrewCrayford
8 - Asteroid

I have set up an workflow on my laptop which download images and Links from am email in gmail and it works correctly. 

When i transfer the workflow to the Alteryx server i am getting the following errors

Error transferring data: Couldn't resolve host name - when i try to download the images

Error transferring data: Failure when receiving data from the peer - When I try to download the link

I can view these links in Internet explorer and it opens correctly.

12 REPLIES 12
andrewdatakim
12 - Quasar
12 - Quasar

A simple check that I always run is are you adding anything to your URL field? If the value for that field is set to 500 you may be cutting of the remainder of the URL which could be giving an error. This happens to me all the time. Another quick check on the firewall side is adjusting the run as User in your workflow settings if you are able. Sometimes the limitation on the server can be user specific (i.e a service account).

AndrewCrayford
8 - Asteroid

The link is coming from an email before Alteryx is downloading the link,. I am not added anything on to the link at all and the field is set to a length of 1073741823. 

I logged on to the Alteryx server using an service account.

The network people thinks is an Alteryx issue and not a firewall issue, so i trying to find out which it is and how to fix it 

Is there any different between the Alteryx Designer on my laptop and the Alteryx Designer on the Server? 

andrewdatakim
12 - Quasar
12 - Quasar

Hi @AndrewCrayford ,

From the software itself there shouldn't be any difference. You can check the build version differential to verify otherwise it will be down to configuration. Are you able to log into the Server with your user or adjust the Run As for the workflow to your username? This will eliminate some general permission differentials. The next option is just to open Designer on the server and look through the logs after running. You can use Lumbermill to get more detailed information. This can be used to give more information for the Alteryx Support team to help you.