Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.

Any workflows with Sharepoint Input tool fail to publish to gallery successfully.

avanibhatnagar
8 - Asteroid

We have a workflow that uses the Sharepoint Input tool. We have tried authentication using Browser and using ClientId, Secret and Tenant ID. With both ways, the workflow works successfully in Alteryx Designer on Alteryx Server and locally but as soon as we publish to gallery, it fails during validation. We have already checked the regedit entry 'PythonAllowHideEncryption' set to True. Screenshot 2023-10-12 at 5.17.43 PM.png 

We have confirmed by publishing another workflow that it is indeed the Sharepoint Input tool that is causing the problem (that workflow just had sharepoint input tool and it still fails)

Screenshot 2023-10-12 at 5.20.09 PM.png
Any thoughts?

4 REPLIES 4
DanM
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team

@avanibhatnagar It depends on what version of the Sharepoint Tool you are on, but it looks like there is some set up needed in your Server admin to run these tools. See this article. https://knowledge.alteryx.com/index/s/article/How-to-SharePoint-Workflows-in-Gallery-with-DCM

Hope it helps.

avanibhatnagar
8 - Asteroid

@DanM I have 2.4.1 version of the Sharepoint tool. I checked and reverified all the steps from that article and still get the same error. I can confirm that everything is synchronized and can see the DCM Data Sources on gallery but still fails on gallery but works on alteryx designer on alteryx server. 

DanM
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team

@avanibhatnagar I think it would be worth opening a ticket with Support on this one. If it's working on both your desktop and server environments with Designer but not on the Gallery, then there's some issue with the connection timing out and without looking at the workflow and your server environment I'm not sure how else I can help.

KPOLU
8 - Asteroid

Starting from 2.2.0 version of SharePoint Connector tool, you are required to use DCM for running the workflow with SP tool on server. 

https://knowledge.alteryx.com/index/s/article/How-to-Set-up-DCM-for-Designer-and-Server

Hope this helps!