Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.
SOLVED

Alteryx Gallery SQL Server Permission

Cremo
7 - Meteor

Hello everyone.

I would like to ask for your help to solve a problem regarding the submission of a workflow into a private Gallery. I do not have a clear understanding about how the Gallery manages the permissions and roles. I am in the following scenario:

- I have a simple workflow (for security reasons I am not able to attach as an example), developed using the Designer application. In the workflow there is a dynamic input tool in which a stored procedure is defined and called. The workflow runs successfully, without errors.

- When I upload the workflow in the Gallery (Save As --> private gallery --> personal studio), and try to run it from there, it fails with the following output: "Error: Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server: The EXECUTE permission was denied on the object....."

What could be the problem and therefore solution in your opinion? How could I have permissions to run the workflow in Designer but not in the Gallery, in my private studio?

Thank you very much in advance for your time and help.

4 REPLIES 4
Garabujo7
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hello @Cremo ,

Is the SQL driver configured in the Server?

The Server has to have the same access as you have on your local computer.

You could use the run as in the server to assure the workflow has the same access in the server as you do on your laptop.

Gabriel

Cremo
7 - Meteor

Hello Gabriel,

thank you very much for your answer. What do you mean with "run as in the server"?

What you are saying is what I am afraid of: I think the Server has a different access as I have in my local computer. I am struggling to figure it out how to prove that and, eventually, how to solve that.

Thanks again,

Davide

Garabujo7
Alteryx
Alteryx

By Run As mean that maybe your user has some access that your local machine has; So, to overcome that you could add your user to the Server, in this way you may be able to execute the workflows in Server as you do on your local computer.

To configure the Run As you can look here:

https://help.alteryx.com/20212/server/run-workflow-different-user

Garabujo7_0-1664892894393.png

Gabriel

Cremo
7 - Meteor

Thank you Gabriel