Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

"Removed Records - Cell Information, Shared Formula and Formula"

Lego
5 - Atom

Hi folks,

I searched solutions on the same topics however, none of them resolved my problem.

Problem Description:

I try to write final data into 2 formula-based Excel(xlsx) sheets, however for one of them I receive the error type - "We found a problem with some content of Excel file. Do you want us to try to recover...". In the Sheet1 I don't receive any error where I use SUMIFS fucnction whereas for Sheet2 I receive aforementioned error. 

Additional Info:

Please be noted that I already used Block until Done tool, my sheet wasn't corrupted, already increased memory up to 2GB (for 64 bit machine capacity) and I know exactly the number or range of columns in Excel. Additionally, I also tried to write the data into newly created Excel with different sheet name, however, have still the same problem. 

Potential solution:

While referring to those links, I found out that the root cause might be related to calculation chain for XML. See the links below:

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Discussions/Formula-from-xl-calcChain-xml-part-Err...

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Discussions/Output-to-Excel-error/td-p/49262

If that is the the solution, can you anyone please explain me the some parts of the steps that I didn't understand because I have too basic knowledge on XML. See recommended steps from the links below:

1. Change the Excel file's extension to .zip - that step is clear.

2. Unzip the contents and go to /xl/folder - what does it mean "Unzip contents"? Likewise, of which specific folder I have to unzip the contents and how?

3. Delete the calcChain.xml - that step is clear

4. Rezip the contents and go to /xl/folder - what does it mean "Rezip contents"? Likewise, of which specific folder I have to rezip the contents and how?

5. Change the extension from .zip to .xlsx - that step is clear

6. Refresh and save the file - I think clicking F5 it will be refreshed and that is what is was meant

If calculation change is not the root cause of the problem, what is another solution for that problem?

Thank you

2 REPLIES 2
csmith11
11 - Bolide

1. Change the Excel file's extension to .zip - that step is clear.

2. Unzip the contents and go to /xl/folder - what does it mean "Unzip contents"? Likewise, of which specific folder I have to unzip the contents and how? (Since you've change the Excel file to a .zip file in step 1, you are now able to extract the individual component of the Excel file. This is what Unzip Means. Right Click Zip file and select option to Extract All. See Image 1)

3. Delete the calcChain.xml - that step is clear

4. Rezip the contents and go to /xl/folder - what does it mean "Rezip contents"? Likewise, of which specific folder I have to rezip the contents and how? (Right Click on the Main Folder that you unziped content to in step 2. See Image 2)

5. Change the extension from .zip to .xlsx - that step is clear

6. Refresh and save the file - I think clicking F5 it will be refreshed and that is what is was meant (Open Excel File and Resave)

Image 1

csmith11_1-1631556867057.png

Image 2

csmith11_0-1631556765079.png

csmith11
11 - Bolide

Do you mind sharing a screen shot of the output configuration window?

Labels