This site uses different types of cookies, including analytics and functional cookies (its own and from other sites). To change your cookie settings or find out more, click here. If you continue browsing our website, you accept these cookies.
I have several workflows that are sending output to an Excel file. When I open the Excel file I always get a message "We found a problem with some content..." Do you want us to recover as much as we can?...." I always answer "Yes" and then I get a message about the repairs to the file which always says "Removed Records: Formula from /xl/calcChain.xml part"
I have no idea what any of that means. I'm able to use the excel file, and run the macros in it. However, I'd like to avoid those messages if I can before I hand these files off to someone else.
If you simplify the workflow to take data from a text input tool and write it to the output file, you could export (options -> export workflow) and post the yxzp file to the community for us to take a look at. Macros in the workbook are something that I avoid. I like a clean xlsx file and am weary of xlsm files.
Alteryx ACE & Top Community Contributor
Chaos reigns within. Repent, reflect and reboot. Order shall return.
Thanks...Let me trim it down some. I'm kind of new to this and have created a monstrosity of a workflow. I'll try to make a much more simple case. The reason for the macros in the outputted Excel files is that I'm formatting them to send out to a client. The reporting tools in Alteryx are currently way above my current skill level.
@MarqueeCrew; thanks so much for the help. Your observation about the behavior of Excel when dropping the sheet prompted me to do a little checking on the Excel side. I discovered by adding this little bit to programmatically open and repair my Excel file, the errors disappeared;; the file opens clean, and the macros run.
I'm sorry... but THAT might be a remedy, but it is NOT A SOLUTION. This is a bug in Alteryx and needs to be addressed by ALTERYX. There is no reason the OUTPUT to an EXCEL MACRO file should have this kind of error.