Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

XDF Output Tool Error: doTryCatch error

aHogancamp
7 - Meteor

Does anyone else keep getting an error on the XDF Output tool of "Tool #10: Error in doTryCatch(return(expr), name, parentenv, handler):"? I have an extremely simple workflow where i'm reading in a ".yxdb" file, running it through a select statement, and exporting it to .xdf output permanent location. I have tried exporting just one column with 100 records as a number and as a string, I've tried exporting different columns, and I've tried exporting multiple columns. Moreover, I've tried the non-permanent location (temporary table). I cannot, for the life of me, get this XDF Output tool to work correctly in order to use the Microsoft R Client "rx" functions. I emailed Alteryx Support and am working with them, but I'm curious as to if anyone else in the community has come across this problem.

1 REPLY 1
aHogancamp
7 - Meteor

After working with the Alteryx support team (thanks Jessica Silveri and Criston Schallenger!) on the XDF Output pre-made macro, there is a missing piece within the sub-macro R Tool in the temp.dir initial definition about 1/3 of the way down. Note that the error came from a temporary folder and not from where I told it save the XDF Output. The code should be: 

temp.dir <- scan(what = character(), nmax = 1, sep = "\n")

instead of the pre-created definition:

temp.dir <- scan(what = character(), nmax = 1)

which is without the "sep" command. This means the R "scan" function defaults to looking for "white spaces" as separators. I had white space in my "Program Files", which the macro didn't know how to get around and was causing the error "doTryCatch" in my Alteryx results output.

I haven't seen many discussions around XDF files within this community, but I wanted to let others know what problem I faced in the XDF Output pre-made tool and how to solve it.

Labels