Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

XDF Output Tool Error: doTryCatch error

aHogancamp
7 - Meteor

Does anyone else keep getting an error on the XDF Output tool of "Tool #10: Error in doTryCatch(return(expr), name, parentenv, handler):"? I have an extremely simple workflow where i'm reading in a ".yxdb" file, running it through a select statement, and exporting it to .xdf output permanent location. I have tried exporting just one column with 100 records as a number and as a string, I've tried exporting different columns, and I've tried exporting multiple columns. Moreover, I've tried the non-permanent location (temporary table). I cannot, for the life of me, get this XDF Output tool to work correctly in order to use the Microsoft R Client "rx" functions. I emailed Alteryx Support and am working with them, but I'm curious as to if anyone else in the community has come across this problem.

1 REPLY 1
aHogancamp
7 - Meteor

After working with the Alteryx support team (thanks Jessica Silveri and Criston Schallenger!) on the XDF Output pre-made macro, there is a missing piece within the sub-macro R Tool in the temp.dir initial definition about 1/3 of the way down. Note that the error came from a temporary folder and not from where I told it save the XDF Output. The code should be: 

temp.dir <- scan(what = character(), nmax = 1, sep = "\n")

instead of the pre-created definition:

temp.dir <- scan(what = character(), nmax = 1)

which is without the "sep" command. This means the R "scan" function defaults to looking for "white spaces" as separators. I had white space in my "Program Files", which the macro didn't know how to get around and was causing the error "doTryCatch" in my Alteryx results output.

I haven't seen many discussions around XDF files within this community, but I wanted to let others know what problem I faced in the XDF Output pre-made tool and how to solve it.

Labels