Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Updating and R Package

alexjsanchez
5 - Atom

I'm new to Alterxy Designer, but in order to use the prophet forecasting package I need a version of rlang >= 0.3.0, but Alteryx's rlang is 0.2.0. I get a warning that rlang 0.3.4 is being masked by 0.2.0. How do either "unmask" rlang 0.3.4 or update from 0.2.0? 

If I try using remove.packages("rlang") in the R Tool and then installing rlang through the R Package Installer is completely breaks R in Alteryx and I have to uninstall and reinstall the R Prediction suite for Alteryx to get it back to normal. So I'm really reluctant to do any installing or removing with the R Tool (lest I have another hour to waste reinstalling everything).

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
Thableaus
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @alexjsanchez 

Safest way to update a package in R:

Open R.exe in the Alteryx root Folder:

Alteryx\R-3.4.4\bin

Run as administrator.

Type : install.packages("rlang")

Select CRAN mirror.

Done. Your rlang package should be updated to version 0.3.4

To check if it worked, type:

packageVersion("rlang")

Don't worry: this won't make you reinstall Alteryx Predictive Tools.

Cheers,

alexjsanchez
5 - Atom

Thanks Thableaus! I had to specify the lib in install.pacakges() to be the R library folder for Alteryx, but once I did that it worked like a charm :)

TimothyL
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

@alexjsanchez @Thableaus 

Recently, we have developed a Prophet Tool in R for more drag & drop features. See if it's helpful to you.

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Data-Science-Blog/Expand-Your-Predictive-Palette-III-I-Sales-Foreca...

Labels