Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Transpose and Union

Asimkz
6 - Meteoroid

Hello All, I have a data set that contains different values for different "levels".  For example I have "Lvl1 Key", "Lvl2 Key", Lvl3 Key" and "Lvl4 Key" and others such as "Lvl1 Component", Lvl2 Component" just to give an example.  I would like to create one column for "Level" and create corresponding columns for the others such as Key, Component, Inclusion, # Of Components.  I have used a transpose tool and separated out Lvl1 Key and Lvl1 #of Components but when I union it back it create two separate rows for each input.  Anyone know how to accomplish this without running into multiple rows?  Attached are screenshots of the workflow.  

2 REPLIES 2
TonyA
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

I'm not 100% clear what you're asking for. Next time please include some sample data and expected output. Anyway, I think you're looking for something like this:

2019-05-08_19-21-40.jpg

See the attached workflow. The important thing is to isolate a field that you can group levels on, otherwise the Crosstab tool will just restore the columns to the way they were before the Transpose.

Does this help?

Asimkz
6 - Meteoroid

Thank you, that worked perfectly.

Labels