Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
GELÖST

Transpose and Union

Asimkz
Meteoroid

Hello All, I have a data set that contains different values for different "levels".  For example I have "Lvl1 Key", "Lvl2 Key", Lvl3 Key" and "Lvl4 Key" and others such as "Lvl1 Component", Lvl2 Component" just to give an example.  I would like to create one column for "Level" and create corresponding columns for the others such as Key, Component, Inclusion, # Of Components.  I have used a transpose tool and separated out Lvl1 Key and Lvl1 #of Components but when I union it back it create two separate rows for each input.  Anyone know how to accomplish this without running into multiple rows?  Attached are screenshots of the workflow.  

2 ANTWORTEN 2
TonyA
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

I'm not 100% clear what you're asking for. Next time please include some sample data and expected output. Anyway, I think you're looking for something like this:

2019-05-08_19-21-40.jpg

See the attached workflow. The important thing is to isolate a field that you can group levels on, otherwise the Crosstab tool will just restore the columns to the way they were before the Transpose.

Does this help?

Asimkz
Meteoroid

Thank you, that worked perfectly.

Beschriftungen