Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

SharePoint Files Output Tool: Appending Columns on Select SP Sheets and Preserving Formats

ualejo
5 - Atom

Hi folks, 

Ask: I am relatively new to Alteryx, so I was hoping to get some insights on how to update existing excel files, with multiple sheets, on my SharePoint. 

Workflow Info: I blended data from Google Analytics (GA Sessions) with a report I have on SharePoint (which includes info on select url slugs and keywords), and I appended the blended data sheet to the original SharePoint excel file via the SharePoint Files Output tool. It seems, however, that the SharePoint Files Output tool cannot append specific columns (my GA sessions column) by sheet, as the append functionality under "Existing File Action" dropdown only appends the blended data sheet . Is there a way to append SP excel sheets with select columns via Alteryx? 

2nd Ask: Also, when I use the SharePoint Files Output tool, it wipes the original formatting, formulas, and color schemes on the  SP file. Is there a way to direct the tool to "Preserve Formatting on Overwrite," similar to the Output tool? 

0 REPLIES 0
Labels