This site uses different types of cookies, including analytics and functional cookies (its own and from other sites). To change your cookie settings or find out more, click here. If you continue browsing our website, you accept these cookies.
I've built a workflow that should set you on the right way. What I did was combine the values to be used as the new field titles into one value, and then used these new values to crosstab.
The output isn't formatted exactly like it is in your excel spreadsheet because you normally work in a tabular format with Alteryx. However, let me know if you need help in formatting it exactly like it is in the excel file.
Restructuring Grouping cross tab and transpose.yxmd
This is somewhat closer to my initial approach and thanks for the solution. I still need to figure out how to set it up to my final desired format, as my database will not be able to read this format. What would you recommend I should do to break down " Local_Volume_2019_June_Adj " into separate rows?
Building on @JoshuaGostick's excellent start, here's a workflow that splits the column names into rows
The bottom branch is what I added. It uses the Field Info tool to get the metadata and then splits the column names into rows before crosstabbing and renaming to get the original column names back. These are unioned with the original data to give you
Restructuring Grouping cross tab and transpose v2.yxzp
The workflow I've attached should convert your data exactly like it looks like in the excel file. The workflow might be slightly more complicated than necessary because I tried to keep it as dynamic as possible. Let me know if this works for you or if you have any issues.
Restructuring Grouping cross tab and transpose v2.yxmd