Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

R Package Error - unable to load shared object vctrs.dll

Jamie_Devonshire
5 - Atom

Hi,

I'm trying to run a workflow which has been built using R in Alteryx Designer. Unfortunately, at the moment, I am getting an error code/series of error codes when I try to run it. Previously, my colleagues and I have not had such a problem running the workflow (i.e. it looks like it is a new issue). 

Error: R (207): Error: package or namespace load failed for 'AlteryxPredictive' in inDL(x, as.logical(local), as.logical(now), ...):
Info: R (207): unable to load shared object 'C:/Users/JADV/AppData/Local/Alteryx/R-4.1.3/library/vctrs/libs/x64/vctrs.dll':
Info: R (207): LoadLibrary failure: The specified procedure could not be found.
Error: R (207): Execution halted
Error: R (207): The R.exe exit code (1) indicated an error.

I have tried re-downloading the vctrs package and replacing the existing one with a newly downloaded one but I have had no luck. Does anyone have any further suggestions? 

Thanks,

Jamie

1 REPLY 1
mjf
8 - Asteroid

Is this still a problem? If the file exists and you still have problems, then here are some ideas:

1. If this is your employer's machine, have they updated their IT policies to prohibit executables from C:\Users\...? My employer has this policy, which was a nightmare, and they didn't even tell me. Running DLLs in certain locations is such a bespoke IT ticket that nobody knew what I was talking about.
  2. What are the values of the .libPaths() R command? When a package is loaded by the library command (I'm sure this is how AlteryxPredictive loads packages), it looks for the package in .libPaths()[1], then .libPaths()[2], and so on until it finds the named package. Perhaps, for some reason, .libPaths() has changed since you've last used it. Again, this could be the fault of your employer's IT. 

Good luck!

Labels