Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Display Macro Indicators & XML View

dawnh80
8 - Asteroid

Did you know there is a quick way to identify if a tool is a macro in your workflow? You can enable a plus sign to show right on the tool! You can also display an XML View tab in the Configuration pane. This is helpful to quickly see what version the workflow was saved as and to also see where any macros may be saved.

Example of the Macro Indicator

Alteryxmacroindicatorexample.jpg

Example of XML View tab

AlteryxXMLview.jpg

To display the Macro Indicators, go to the Options menu, click on User Settings and then click on Edit User Settings.

On the User Settings pop-up menu, on the Canvas tab, check the box for Display macro indicators on tools.

Alteryxmacroindicators.jpg

To display the XML View tab, go the Advanced tab of the User Settings pop-up menu. Check the box for Display XML in Properties Window.

Alteryxdisplayxmlviewjpg.jpg

2 REPLIES 2
marcusblackhill
12 - Quasar
12 - Quasar

Nice @dawnh80 !

Another good tip is about the same place you enable the XML view, the option below ("Display asset management..") enable to you a new icon(looks like a box) in some tools. In that option you can force to include new files to go with the workflow, like other macros or source files.

One example of how that helps is when you have nested macros (macros inside macros) and you need to create a package or publish on gallery but your nested macros don't appear as assets of you workflow, just the first macro. That you can force to these nested macros appear as assets and go with the workflow.

rohit782192
11 - Bolide

Can you show Exactly what is the Asset management Window. I check box the same but unable to see in my Alteryx.

I am in the latest version of Alteryx.

Labels